Welcome to our article that will guide you on how to clear recommended in Windows 11. If you are using Windows 11, you might have noticed that there are recommended applications and settings that appear in your Start menu. These recommendations are based on your usage patterns, and they can be helpful if you want to discover new apps or settings. However, if you don’t find them useful, you can clear them from your Start menu. In this article, we will explain 12 easy steps on how to clear recommended in Windows 11.
How to Clear Recommended in Windows 11
Step 1 – Open the Start menu
To start, click on the Start button located in the bottom left corner of your screen.
Step 2 – Click on All apps
Next, click on All apps located on the top of your Start menu.
Step 3 – Locate Settings
Scroll down until you find the Settings app.
Step 4 – Click on Settings
Click on Settings to open the Settings app.
Step 5 – Click on Personalization
In the Settings app, click on Personalization located on the left panel.
Step 6 – Click on Start
Click on Start located on the left panel.
Step 7 – Toggle off “Show recommendations occasionally in Start”
In the Start settings, toggle off the option “Show recommendations occasionally in Start.”
Step 8 – Disable “Show recently added apps”
Next, disable the option “Show recently added apps.”
Step 9 – Disable “Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar”
Disable the option “Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar” to prevent recommended items from appearing on your taskbar.
Step 10 – Disable “Play sound when a notification arrives”
Disable the option “Play sound when a notification arrives” if you find the notification sounds distracting.
Step 11 – Disable notifications from individual apps
If there are individual apps that you don’t want to receive notifications from, click on the app’s name and toggle off the option “Get notifications from this app.”
Step 12 – Review other settings
Finally, review other settings in the Start menu to customize it to your liking.
By following these 12 simple steps, you can easily clear recommended in Windows 11. However, if you are looking for additional tips on how to optimize your Windows 11 experience, continue reading for some bonus tips and tricks.
Tips and Tricks for Optimizing Windows 11
1. Customize your desktop wallpaper
To customize your desktop wallpaper, right-click on your desktop and select Personalize. From there, you can choose from a variety of wallpaper options or even set your own custom wallpaper.
2. Use Snap Assist to multitask
To use Snap Assist, simply drag and drop a window to the edge of your screen to snap it to that side. From there, you can choose another window to snap to the other side to easily multitask.
3. Pin your favorite apps to the taskbar
To easily access your favorite apps, pin them to the taskbar. To do this, right-click on the app and select Pin to taskbar.
4. Use keyboard shortcuts to save time
There are a variety of keyboard shortcuts in Windows 11 that can save you time. For example, pressing Windows + E will open File Explorer.
5. Customize your Taskbar settings
To customize your Taskbar settings, right-click on your Taskbar and select Taskbar settings. From there, you can choose which icons appear on your Taskbar and how the Taskbar behaves.
6. Use virtual desktops to organize your workspace
To use virtual desktops, click on Task View located on your Taskbar and select New desktop. From there, you can switch between desktops to keep your workspace organized.
7. Use Windows Update to keep your PC up to date
To make sure your PC is up to date with the latest features and security updates, use Windows Update. Go to Settings > Windows Update and check for updates.
8. Customize your Notifications settings
To customize your Notifications settings, go to Settings > System > Notifications & actions. From there, you can choose which apps can send notifications and how notifications appear.
9. Use the Windows Search bar to quickly find files and settings
To use the Windows Search bar, simply click on the Start button and start typing. Windows will automatically search for files, apps, and settings that match your search term.
10. Use Microsoft Edge for a fast and secure browsing experience
Microsoft Edge is the default browser in Windows 11 and offers a fast and secure browsing experience. It also includes features such as Collections and vertical tabs to help organize your browsing.
Advantages and Disadvantages: How to Clear Recommended in Windows 11
1. Improved performance: Clearing recommended items in Windows 11 can improve the overall performance of your system by freeing up resources that would otherwise be used to load unnecessary items.
2. Personalization: By clearing recommended items, you can increase the level of personalization on your system by only displaying items that are relevant to your usage patterns.
3. Enhanced privacy: Clearing recommended items can help protect your privacy by preventing sensitive information from being displayed in pop-up notifications or on the taskbar.
4. Improved organization: By removing unnecessary recommended items, you can improve the organization of your system and make it easier to find the items that are important to you.
5. Reduced clutter: Clearing recommended items can help reduce clutter on your system, making it easier to navigate and more efficient to use.
6. Increased productivity: With a more organized and clutter-free system, you can increase your productivity and complete tasks more efficiently.
7. Customization: Clearing recommended items allows you to customize your system to meet your specific needs by only displaying the items that are relevant to you.
8. Improved security: By removing unnecessary recommended items, you can reduce the overall threat surface of your system, making it less vulnerable to attacks.
9. Better user experience: With a more efficient and organized system, you can have a better overall user experience, which can increase your enjoyment of using your computer.
10. Easier maintenance: By keeping your system clean and organized, it can be easier to maintain, saving you time and effort in the long run.
1. Risk of removing important items: Clearing recommended items can potentially remove important system items, which could cause damage to your system or prevent it from functioning properly.
2. Time-consuming: Clearing recommended items can be a time-consuming process, especially if you have a large number of items to review and remove.
3. Requires manual effort: Clearing recommended items requires you to manually review and remove items, which can require significant effort and attention to detail.
4. Limited impact: Clearing recommended items may not have a significant impact on the overall performance or efficiency of your system, depending on the specific items and usage patterns involved.
5. Can cause confusion: Removing recommended items can cause confusion for some users who may be used to seeing certain items displayed on their system.
6. Risk of making mistakes: Clearing recommended items can be a complex process, and if not done correctly, could potentially cause problems or damage to your system.
7. Lack of flexibility: Some users may prefer to keep certain recommended items on their system, and removing them can limit their ability to customize or use their system in the way they prefer.
8. Potential loss of functionality: Removing recommended items could potentially remove important functionality from your system, making it less useful or efficient.
9. Can be overwhelming: Clearing recommended items can be overwhelming for some users, especially those who have a large number of items to review and remove.
10. Some items cannot be removed: Some recommended items cannot be removed or hidden, which could limit your ability to fully customize your system.
1. What are Recommended files in Windows 11?
Recommended files are the files that are suggested by Windows 11 to the user based on their usage history.
2. How can I clear the Recommended files list?
You can clear the recommended files list by going to Settings > Personalization > Start > Show recently opened items in Jump Lists and Turn it off.
3. Can I selectively clear the Recommended files list?
No, you cannot selectively clear the recommended files list. You can only clear the entire list at once.
4. Can I permanently disable the Recommended files feature?
Yes, you can permanently disable the Recommended files feature by going to Settings > Personalization > Start > Show recently opened items in Jump Lists and Turn it off.
5. What are the benefits of clearing the Recommended files list?
Clearing the Recommended files list helps in protecting your privacy, freeing up disk space, and keep your start menu more organized.
6. Will clearing the Recommended files list affect my recent files list?
No, clearing the Recommended files list will not affect your recent files list.
7. How often should I clear the Recommended files list?
You can clear the Recommended files list as often as you feel necessary. However, it is recommended to do it every few weeks to ensure your start menu stays organized and private.
8. Can I disable the Recommended files feature for specific apps?
No, you cannot disable the Recommended files feature for specific apps. It is a system-wide feature.
9. Will clearing the Recommended files list affect my frequently used apps?
No, clearing the Recommended files list will not affect your frequently used apps.
10. What happens if I turn on the Recommended files feature after disabling it?
If you turn on the Recommended files feature after disabling it, Windows 11 will start tracking your usage history once again to suggest files for you.
11. Can I manually add files to the Recommended files list?
No, you cannot manually add files to the Recommended files list. Windows 11 automatically suggests files based on your usage history.
12. What are the other ways to protect my privacy in Windows 11?
You can protect your privacy in Windows 11 by using a strong password, using a password manager, enabling two-factor authentication, turning off personalized ad suggestions, and keeping your software up-to-date.
13. What are the benefits of using the Recommended files feature?
The benefit of using the Recommended files feature is that it helps you quickly access files that you often use without searching for them.
How to Clear Recommended in Windows 11
As we all know, Microsoft loves to recommend apps and services to us through the Recommended section in Windows 11. While they may be useful, sometimes these recommendations can get in the way of the apps and services we regularly use. The good news is that it’s easy to clear recommended items in Windows 11. Follow these steps to declutter your Recommended section.
Conclusion and Closing
Now you know how to clear recommended items in Windows 11! These steps are quick and easy to follow, and they’ll help you keep your Recommended section organized and free of unwanted apps and services. Remember, sometimes it’s good to take a step back and declutter your system. It can improve your productivity and help you focus on what really matters. Happy cleaning!
Until next time, take care and keep your system optimized!