Hey there! Are you tired of constantly switching between windows on your computer? Well, we’ve got the solution for you – split screen! Split screen allows you to have multiple windows open and visible at the same time, making it easier and more efficient to work on multiple tasks simultaneously. In this article, we will guide you through the steps on how to do split screen on Windows. Let’s get started!
How to do Split Screen on Windows
Step 1: Open two windows
The first step to using split screen is to open two windows that you want to view side by side. You can do this by either opening two separate windows, or by opening one window and then opening another tab within that window.
Step 2: Click and hold the window title bar
Click and hold the title bar of one of the windows and drag it to the side of the screen until the cursor reaches the edge of the screen. Let go of the mouse button, and the window should “snap” to half of the screen.
Step 3: Repeat for the other window
Repeat the same process for the other window, but this time, drag it to the other side of the screen.
Step 4: Adjust the size of each window
If you want one window to take up more space than the other, you can adjust the size by clicking and dragging the vertical divider line between the two windows.
Step 5: Use keyboard shortcuts
Alternatively, you can use keyboard shortcuts to split the screen. Press the Windows key and left or right arrow key to snap the current window to the left or right side of the screen.
Step 6: Snap three windows
You can also snap three windows side by side by dragging one window to the side of the screen and then dragging a second window to the other side. Next, press the Windows key and up arrow key to snap the third window to the top of the screen.
Step 7: Use the task view button
You can also use the task view button on the taskbar to enable split screen. Click the button to open the Task View, then drag the desired windows to the desired corner of the screen.
Step 8: Snap windows to corners
To snap a window to the corner of your screen, click and hold the window title bar and drag it to the corner of the screen until the cursor reaches the corner. Let go of the mouse button, and the window should “snap” to a quarter of the screen.
Step 9: Use your touchpad
If you’re using a laptop with a touchpad, you can use multi-finger gestures to enable split screen. Swipe four fingers left or right to snap a window to the left or right side of the screen.
Step 10: Use third-party software
If you want even more features and customization options, you can use third-party software such as AquaSnap or DisplayFusion.
Step 11: Customize your split screen
In Windows 10, you can customize your split screen by going to Settings > System > Multitasking. Here, you can choose how windows are snapped and set hotkeys for various split screen features.
Step 12: Exit split screen
To exit split screen, simply click and drag the vertical divider line all the way to the edge of the screen, or click the maximize button on one of the windows.
Penjelasan dan Tips
Now that you know how to use split screen on Windows, it’s important to note that this feature can greatly improve your productivity and multitasking abilities. Here are some additional tips to help you make the most out of split screen:
Tip 1: Use split screen for research and note-taking
If you’re researching a topic or taking notes, split screen can be incredibly useful. You can have your research materials open on one side of the screen and your note-taking app on the other, making it easy to reference information while you write.
Tip 2: Use split screen for video calls
If you frequently have video calls or meetings, split screen can be a great way to keep your video call open on one side of the screen while you work on other tasks on the other side.
Tip 3: Use split screen for entertainment
If you want to watch a video or listen to music while you work, split screen can make it possible. You can have your entertainment window open on one side of the screen and your work on the other, so you can enjoy your media without losing productivity.
Tip 4: Experiment with different configurations
There are many different ways to use split screen, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different configurations to find what works best for you. Try snapping windows to different sides of the screen or in different sizes to see what feels most comfortable.
Tip 5: Use third-party software for more customization
If you want even more control over your split screen experience, consider using third-party software that offers more features and customization options.
Tip 6: Don’t forget about keyboard shortcuts
Keyboard shortcuts can be a quick and easy way to enable split screen, so make sure to memorize the most important ones for a smoother workflow.
Tip 7: Keep your screen clean and clutter-free
Split screen works best when your screen is organized and clutter-free. Make sure to close any unnecessary windows or programs to avoid distraction and confusion.
Tip 8: Practice makes perfect
Split screen may take some getting used to, but with practice, it can become a seamless part of your workflow. Keep using it regularly to get the hang of it and improve your productivity.
Tip 9: Make sure your computer meets the requirements
Split screen may not work on older or less powerful computers, so make sure your computer meets the necessary requirements before trying to use it.
Tip 10: Have fun!
Split screen is a great tool that can make your work more efficient and enjoyable. So don’t forget to have fun with it, and experiment with different ways to use it that work best for you!
We hope this article has been helpful in teaching you how to use split screen on Windows. By following these steps and tips, you can make the most out of this useful feature and improve your productivity. Happy multitasking!
Advantages and Disadvantages: How to Do Split Screen on Windows
1. Multitasking: The most evident advantage of split screen is that it enables you to do multitasking, i.e. work on two or more applications simultaneously and save time.
2. All screen space is used: By splitting the screen, you can use all the available screen space efficiently and accommodate more information on one screen.
3. Better focus: Split-screen mode allows you to concentrate on two tasks at the same time without getting distracted by other apps or windows.
4. Better collaboration: When you use split-screen mode, collaborating with colleagues or friends on different apps or documents becomes easier as you can see real-time changes made by others on one-half of the screen.
5. Increased productivity: With split-screen mode, you can complete your work faster and more efficiently as you have to flip through fewer windows and apps.
6. Better for research: With split-screen mode, it becomes easier to research and compare data from different sources.
7. Enhanced gaming experience: Gamers can use the split-screen mode to communicate while playing games, or use different apps for gaming, such as YouTube or music playlists.
8. More organized work: Split-screen mode helps you to keep track of your tasks and deadlines more effectively, ensuring that you accomplish everything on time.
9. Better for learning: Students can use split-screen mode to multitask between study materials and research tools that can help them learn more efficiently.
10. Enable better video calls: When you split your screen, you can have a video call on one-half of the screen while using the other half to work on a project or for note-taking.
1. Not supported by all apps: Split-screen mode doesn’t work with all apps, and some apps might not be compatible with split-screen mode, limiting its usefulness in certain circumstances.
2. Display issues: Splitting your screen can lead to display issues, especially if you have a small screen or low-resolution monitor. Text and images may appear small and hard to read.
3. Potential overlap: If you’re not careful, the windows on your screen can overlap, causing confusion and making it challenging to use your computer effectively.
4. Reduced taskbar visibility: In split-screen mode, your taskbar is less visible, so you might find it challenging to access some features, like notification icons or the date and time.
5. Reduced accessibility: With split-screen mode, you might find it hard to access some windows or apps that are not visible on the screen.
6. Decreased performance: Using more apps at a time can put a strain on your computer’s processor, memory, and graphics card, leading to decreased performance and responsiveness.
7. Not convenient for certain types of work: Split-screen mode might not be suitable for certain types of work, such as professional graphic design, where you need a full view of your work.
8. Restricted view: Although split-screen mode enables you to multitask between apps, it reduces your viewability of each app and can make it challenging to focus on one task effectively.
9. Lack of privacy: When you use split-screen mode, anyone sitting near you can see what you’re doing on your computer, reducing your privacy.
10. Negative effect on eyesight: Splitting your screen can cause eye strain, leading to headaches, blurred vision, and other eye-related problems.
1. What is a split screen on Windows?
A split screen on Windows allows you to have multiple windows open on your screen at the same time, dividing your screen into two or more sections. It’s a great way to multitask and increase your productivity.
2. How do I split my screen in Windows 10?
To split your screen in Windows 10, you can either drag a window to the left or right side of your screen or use the keyboard shortcut Windows key + left or right arrow key. This will snap the window to the side, creating a split screen effect.
3. Can I split my screen into more than two sections?
Yes, you can split your screen into more than two sections. To do this, you’ll need to use third-party software such as DisplayFusion or GridVista.
4. How do I resize split screen windows?
You can resize split screen windows by dragging the line dividing the windows. When you see the two-headed arrow, you can drag it to adjust the size of each window.
5. How do I exit split screen on Windows?
To exit split screen on Windows, simply click and drag the window back to its original size or use the keyboard shortcut Windows key + up arrow key.
6. Can I split my screen on a laptop?
Yes, you can split your screen on a laptop just like you can on a desktop computer. The process is the same.
7. Does split screen work with touchscreen devices?
Yes, split screen works with touchscreen devices. You can use your fingers to drag windows to the side of the screen.
8. Can I split my screen in Windows 7?
Yes, you can split your screen in Windows 7 using the same methods as in Windows 10.
9. Is split screen available on Mac computers?
Yes, split screen is available on Mac computers. The feature is called Split View and works in a similar way to Windows split screen.
10. Can I have different programs running in each split screen window?
Yes, you can have different programs running in each split screen window. This is one of the advantages of split screen, allowing you to multitask with ease.
11. How do I switch which program is in which split screen window?
To switch which program is in which split screen window, you can simply drag and drop the windows into the desired positions.
12. Does split screen affect the performance of my computer?
Split screen does use additional resources, but it should not affect the performance of your computer significantly. If you have a low-powered computer, you may notice a slight decrease in performance.
13. Can I customize the split screen layout?
Unfortunately, Windows does not offer much customization when it comes to split screen layout. However, third-party software like DisplayFusion or GridVista can offer greater customization options.
How to do Split Screen on Windows
Split screen is an excellent feature that has been introduced to Windows 10, allowing users to get more done without having to switch between tabs and windows. This feature enables the user to split the screen in half and display two programs simultaneously side by side. If you’re unsure of how to get started with this feature, don’t worry; this article will guide you through the process.
Firstly, to access the split screen feature, you need to choose the window you wish to display on the left side of your screen. Next, you can click and hold the window’s title bar and move it to the left-hand side of your screen. Release the mouse button once the window is in place, and it will automatically snap in place. You will now see all other windows on the right-hand side of your screen in thumbnail view.
Secondly, to activate the split screen mode, click on the window you want to display on the right side of your screen, and it will automatically expand to fill it. You can easily adjust the layout by clicking and dragging the border between the two windows to resize them. Windows 10 also has an excellent keyboard shortcut for this feature. Hold down the Windows key and press either the left or right arrow key to split your screen instantly.
Thirdly, if you want to display more than two windows on your screen, you can use the ‘Snap Assist’ feature in Windows 10. Snap Assist is a helpful tool that allows you to snap up to four windows on your screen simultaneously. When you snap your first window, a thumbnail view of all other open windows will appear. You can select and snap each window accordingly on your screen, or you can simply drag and drop them to the desired location. Adjust the sizes of each window by clicking and dragging their borders as necessary.
Conclusion and Closing
Split screen helps you multi-task efficiently and improves productivity. Now that you know how to split your screen on Windows, you can take advantage of this feature to your advantage. Once you get the hang of it, splitting screens will become second nature, and you can quickly switch between windows with ease. Thanks for reading, and I hope you found this article helpful. Good luck with learning how to split your screen on Windows. See you soon!