Moving Taskbar on Windows 11
Windows 11 has a new and polished appearance compared to its predecessor, Windows 10. One of the most noticeable changes is the layout of the taskbar. The taskbar on Windows 11 is centered and features new icons and functionalities. While the new taskbar has been well received by some users, others may still prefer the previous layout. In this article, we will guide you on how to move taskbar Windows 11.
1. Unlock the taskbar
The first step is to unlock the taskbar if it is locked in place. To unlock the taskbar, right-click on it and select “Taskbar settings.”
2. Turn off “Lock the taskbar”
In the Taskbar settings, scroll down and toggle off “Lock the taskbar.”
3. Left-click on an empty space on the taskbar
Click and hold on the taskbar, then drag and drop it to your preferred position on the screen.
4. Resize the taskbar
If you would like to resize the taskbar, hover over the edge of the taskbar and click and drag to your desired size.
5. Change the taskbar alignment
Right-click on an empty space on the taskbar, then hover the mouse over “Taskbar alignment.” You can choose to align the taskbar to the left, center, or right.
6. Customize taskbar layout
In the Taskbar settings, scroll down to “Taskbar behaviors,” and click on “Taskbar layout.” Here, you can choose to show taskbar badges, show people on the taskbar, and more.
7. Change Task View’s position
Windows 11’s Task View button, which shows all your open windows and virtual desktops, is adjacent to the taskbar. If you would like to move Task View, drag and drop it to a different location.
8. Unpin app icons from the taskbar
To remove an app icon from the taskbar, right-click the icon and select “Unpin from taskbar.”
9. Pin apps to the taskbar
To add an app icon to the taskbar, search for it in the Start Menu. Then, right-click the icon and select “Pin to taskbar.”
10. Customize taskbar settings
In the Taskbar settings, you can customize the way the taskbar behaves and appears. For example, you can enable or disable app badges, choose how to access the taskbar, and more.
11. Restore default taskbar settings
If you want to revert to the original taskbar layout, open the Taskbar settings, scroll down, and click “Turn system icons on or off.” Then toggle off both “Task View” and “News and interests.” Finally, toggle on/off “Lock the taskbar.”
12. Lock the taskbar
Once you are satisfied with the new taskbar layout, right-click on it and select “Taskbar settings.” In the Taskbar settings, toggle on “Lock the taskbar.” This will prevent any accidental movements in the future.
Penjelasan dan Tips
Moving the taskbar on Windows 11 is a straightforward process that takes only a few clicks and drags. The new centered taskbar allows for more screen real estate and a cleaner desktop experience. By customizing the taskbar layout and settings, you can personalize your Windows 11 experience further.
Here are ten additional tips to optimize your new taskbar:
1. Use Windows key + number: To open apps pinned to your taskbar quickly, press the Windows key + the number corresponding to the app’s placement on the taskbar.
2. Reduce the number of icons displayed on the taskbar: You can hide system tray icons by right-clicking the taskbar and selecting “Taskbar settings,” then “Turn system icons on or off.”
3. Personalize the taskbar color: To change the taskbar color, right-click on the desktop and select “Personalize.” Then, choose “Colors” from the left menu and select a color.
4. Use keyboard shortcuts: Windows 11 features many keyboard shortcuts that can help streamline your workflow. Some of the most useful include Windows key + D to show the desktop and Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
5. Turn on “News and interests”: The taskbar on Windows 11 features a new widget called “News and interests.” It can show you the weather, news, and more. To turn on “News and interests,” right-click on the taskbar and select “News and interests.”
6. Customize taskbar transparency: Under the “Personalization” menu, you can adjust the transparency of the taskbar by clicking “Colors” and toggling on/off “Make Start, taskbar, and action center transparent.”
7. Remove the Search icon: If you prefer not to use the search icon on the taskbar, right-click on it, select “Hidden,” and then “Hidden when inactive.” Alternatively, head to Taskbar Settings > “Search,” and toggle off “Show Search.”
8. Auto-hide taskbar: By ticking the “Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode” option under Taskbar settings, the taskbar will hide when it is not in use.
9. Use the Start Menu: In Windows 11, the Start Menu now centers on the screen. Use the Start Menu to find apps, settings, and files.
10. Add virtual desktops: Virtual desktops on Windows 11 allow you to separate workspaces, making multitasking easier. You can access virtual desktops by clicking on Task View, then “New desktop.”
In conclusion, customizing the taskbar on Windows 11 is a simple process that can help personalize your desktop experience. The new taskbar offers plenty of exciting features and functionalities, making it a worthwhile upgrade from Windows 10. By following the steps outlined above and utilizing the tips and tricks, you can make the most out of the new taskbar layout.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Moving Taskbar in Windows 11
1. Customization: By moving the taskbar in Windows 11, you can customize your desktop and make it work for you. Depending on your needs and preferences, relocating the taskbar can make it easier to access your favorite apps and programs.
2. Screen Space: If you have a smaller screen, moving the taskbar can help to make the most of your screen space. You may choose to relocate it to the side or top of the screen to enable you to work more quickly.
3. Multi-Tasking: By moving the taskbar in Windows 11, you can easily manage multiple windows at the same time. You can drag and drop your apps and programs to the relocated bar, making it easier to prioritize your work and manage your day-to-day workflow.
4. Aesthetics: Relocating the taskbar can give your desktop an updated look and feel. By moving the taskbar to the top or side of your screen, you can create a unique and personalized desktop experience.
5. Convenience: By moving your taskbar to a more convenient location, you can quickly access the frequently used programs and settings without the need to navigate through your computer menus.
1. Accidental Relocation: Moving the taskbar in Windows 11 can be done accidentally, which may cause problems for your workflow. If you do not move the taskbar correctly, you may lose access to your important programs or windows.
2. Complications With Third-Party Programs: Moving the taskbar in Windows 11 may create complications with third-party programs that rely on the default Windows configuration. Certain programs may not function correctly if the taskbar is relocated, which can hinder your productivity.
3. Learning Curve: Moving the taskbar in Windows 11 may require some learning and adjustment. While it can be customized to better suit your needs, it may take some time to get used to the new configuration.
4. Aesthetic Issues: When relocating the taskbar, you may face aesthetic issues if you do not move it to the correct location. The taskbar may cover up other UI elements or obstruct the view of certain parts of the screen.
5. Compatibility Issues: Some older programs may not work well with the relocated taskbar. Depending on the age of your computer and the software you are running, these programs may require the default taskbar location to function correctly.
In conclusion, relocating the taskbar in Windows 11 can have both advantages and disadvantages. It can enhance your workflow and improve aesthetics, but it may also cause issues with third-party programs and compatibility concerns.
1. How do I move the taskbar in Windows 11?
To move the taskbar, you can simply click and drag it to any edge of your screen. This can be done by clicking on the empty space of the taskbar and holding it while dragging it to the desired location.
2. Can I move the taskbar to the top of the screen?
Yes, you can move the taskbar to the top of the screen. Just click and hold the taskbar, then drag it to the top edge of the screen.
3. What if I can’t drag the taskbar?
If you are unable to drag the taskbar, it may be locked. To unlock it, right-click on the taskbar, select “Taskbar settings,” and toggle off “Lock the taskbar” option.
4. Is it possible to move the taskbar to a secondary display?
Yes, you can move the taskbar to a secondary display by clicking and dragging it to the desired screen.
5. How do I change the size of the taskbar in Windows 11?
To change the size of the taskbar, right-click on it, select “Taskbar settings,” and toggle on “Use small taskbar buttons.”
6. How do I hide the taskbar in Windows 11?
To hide the taskbar, right-click on it, select “Taskbar settings,” and toggle on “Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.”
7. Can I change the color of the taskbar?
Yes, you can change the color of the taskbar by going to “Settings,” selecting “Personalization,” and choosing “Colors.”
8. How do I show the taskbar on all displays in Windows 11?
To show the taskbar on all displays, go to “Settings,” select “Personalization,” choose “Taskbar,” and toggle on “Show taskbar on all displays.”
9. Is it possible to resize the taskbar icons in Windows 11?
No, Windows 11 does not have the option to resize taskbar icons.
10. How do I add or remove items from the taskbar?
To add or remove items from the taskbar, right-click on an empty space on the taskbar, select “Taskbar settings,” and toggle on or off the desired options.
11. Can I customize the taskbar in Windows 11?
Yes, you can customize the taskbar in Windows 11 by changing its color, size, and adding or removing items from it.
12. How do I restore the default taskbar settings?
To restore the default taskbar settings, right-click on the taskbar, select “Taskbar settings,” and click on the “Reset” button.
13. What if my taskbar is not working or not responding?
If your taskbar is not working or not responding, you can try restarting your PC, running a virus scan, or troubleshooting the taskbar from the “Settings” menu.
How to Move Taskbar in Windows 11
If you are new to Windows 11 and wondering how to move taskbar in it, then you are in the right place. In this article, we will guide you with easy steps on how to customize the taskbar according to your preference. The taskbar is an essential tool that lets you navigate to various applications, shortcuts, and settings. In Windows 11, the taskbar is positioned in the middle of the screen by default, and some users might not appreciate it. But there is good news; you can move the taskbar to any direction you like.
Conclusion and Closing
Customizing the taskbar in Windows 11 is simple and requires only a few steps. You can change the position of the taskbar to the left, right, or top of the desktop. If you are not satisfied with your previous taskbar setting, simply follow the steps mentioned above and readjust it as per your preference. Once you are comfortable with the new placement, the taskbar will add convenience to your daily use of the computer. We hope this article helped you to customize the taskbar according to your liking. Happy customizing!
Thank you for reading this article on how to move the taskbar in Windows 11. We hope you found this guide helpful. If you have any suggestions or queries, feel free to leave a comment below. We value your feedback and always strive to provide you with useful and relevant information. Until next time, Happy Computing.