Hello there! Are you having trouble taking a screenshot on your Windows 10 computer? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Screen capture or print screen is a common feature used by many computer users. Taking screenshots on Windows 10 is very easy and can be done in a variety of ways. In this article, we will guide you through 12 easy steps on how to take a screenshot on Windows 10 and also share some useful tips and tricks to help you get the most out of this feature.
How to Print Screen on Windows 10
Step 1: Prepare the screen you want to capture
Before taking the screenshot, make sure you have the desired screen or image open. It could be a document, webpage, or anything you want to capture. Make sure you have maximized the screen for better quality.
Step 2: Locate the Print Screen (PrtScn) Button
The print screen button is usually located on the top right corner of your keyboard. It might be labeled as “PrtScn” or “PrtSc” or “Print Scr”.
How to take a screenshot on Windows 10 using the Print Screen button
Step 3: Capture the entire screen
If you want to capture the entire screen, just press the “Print Screen” button on your keyboard. This will take a screenshot of the entire screen and save it to your clipboard.
Step 4: Take a screenshot of the active window
If you only want to capture the active window, press “Alt + Print Screen” buttons on your keyboard. This will capture the active window and copy it to your clipboard.
Step 5: Save the screenshot
Now that you have taken the screenshot, you can save it to your computer. Open any image editor (such as Paint) and press “Ctrl + V” to paste the screenshot. You can then crop, resize, or edit the screenshot before saving it.
Other ways to take a screenshot on Windows 10
Step 6: Use the Snipping Tool
Windows 10 also comes with a built-in snipping tool that allows you to take screenshots of specific areas on the screen. To access the snipping tool, type “snipping tool” in the search box and click on the app.
Step 7: Use the Game Bar
If you are a gamer, you can also use the Xbox Game Bar to take screenshots. Press “Windows + G” to open the game bar, click on the camera icon to take a screenshot.
Step 8: Use Windows + PrtScn
Pressing “Windows + PrtScn” will take a screenshot of the entire screen and save it to your pictures library.
Step 9: Use the Print Screen app
You can also download third-party apps that provide advanced screenshot features. Some popular apps are Snagit, Greenshot, and Lightshot.
Tips and tricks
Tip 1: Change the screenshot location
By default, Windows saves your screenshots in the “Pictures” folder. You can change the save location by going to “Settings > System > Storage > Change where new content is saved” and choose a new location for your screenshots.
Tip 2: Use the timer
Windows has a built-in timer that allows you to take screenshots after a specific time delay. To activate the timer, open the snipping tool and click on “Delay”.
Tip 3: Use keyboard shortcuts
Keyboard shortcuts are the fastest way to take screenshots on Windows. Memorize the different shortcuts, and you’ll be able to take screenshots in a split second.
Tip 4: Edit your screenshots
You can use the built-in Paint app to edit your screenshots, such as cropping, resizing, or adding text.
Tip 5: Use the Snip & Sketch app
Windows 10 has a new Snip & Sketch app that provides more advanced screenshot features. It allows you to annotate your screenshots, add borders, and share them directly from the app.
Tip 6: Use OneNote
Microsoft OneNote is a note-taking app that also has a built-in screenshot feature. Press “Windows + Shift + S” to open the OneNote snipping tool.
Tip 7: Use the Cloud Clipboard
Windows 10 also has a cloud clipboard that allows you to store multiple screenshots and access them from any device. To access the cloud clipboard, press “Windows + V”.
Tip 8: Use the Print Screen button in games
Some games block the use of the print screen button. In this case, use the Xbox Game Bar or the game’s built-in screenshot feature.
Tip 9: Use the high-DPI scaling option
If you have a high-resolution or DPI display, you can enable the “high-DPI scaling” option to improve the quality of your screenshots.
Tip 10: Use third-party apps
Third-party apps provide more advanced screenshot features such as scrolling capture, multiple monitor support, and cloud integration. Some popular apps are Snagit, Greenshot, and Lightshot.
That’s it! We hope this article has helped you understand how to take screenshots on Windows 10 and provided some useful tips and tricks. Happy screenshotting!
Advantages and Disadvantages: How to Print Screen on Windows 10
1. Easy and quick. The process of printing screen on Windows 10 usually only takes a few seconds. It is a fast way to capture an image of what is displayed on a computer screen.
2. Simple to access. You don’t need to download any third-party tools or software to print screen on Windows 10. The built-in feature makes it easy to access and use.
3. Universal feature. The feature of printing screen on Windows 10 exists on almost all computers running Windows 10. So, it is accessible and consistent regardless of the type of computer you have.
4. Easy to share. With the help of screen printing, you can capture and share exactly what is on your screen with others via email or social media.
5. Multiple options. Windows 10 provides different options when printing screen. You can choose to capture the whole screen, a specific window, or a specific area on the screen.
6. Can be used for troubleshooting. If a technical problem is occurring, frequently taking a screenshot of the error message or the issue can provide important insight for computer technicians.
7. Handy for online classes or meetings. During online classes or meetings, the feature of printing screen on Windows 10 can be useful for capturing important information displayed during the sessions.
8. Can help you remember things. You can use the feature of printing screen on Windows 10 to capture an image of anything important or interesting on websites such as news articles, cooking recipes, or travel destinations.
9. Saves time. Printing screen on Windows 10 can save a lot of time compared to manually typing out or copying information from the screen.
10. Can be used for graphic design purposes. By using the Print Screen feature, you can easily capture any online images or designs for use in graphic design projects.
1. Can take too much space. Depending on how often you use the Print Screen feature, the images can accumulate and consume a lot of space on your computer’s hard drive.
2. Images can be low quality. Sometimes, the quality of the images captured from Windows 10 can be low. They can also be hard to edit or crop due to the resolution and dimensions.
3. Images can be too big. Captured images can be too big to send via email or message if they are not compressed or resized.
4. Inability to select multiple windows for capture. When using the Print Screen feature on Windows 10, you can only select one window at a time. This can be tedious if you need to capture multiple windows at once.
5. Can be misused. Some people can misuse the Print Screen feature to capture and share sensitive or personal information without permission.
6. Can be overwhelming. Constantly capturing images of the screen can be overwhelming, making it difficult to sort through and organize the files.
7. Can be redundant. If you have a lot of similar images or images with small variations in them, keeping them all may be redundant and take up unnecessary storage space.
8. May not work on older computers. The Print Screen feature may not work on older computers that do not have the same Windows 10 features or updates.
9. Can be problematic in low-light mode. If you are using the Print Screen feature in low-light mode, the images may turn out blurry or unclear.
10. Can cause distraction. Constantly using the Print Screen feature can be distracting and disrupt your workflow, leading to procrastination or lack of focus.
1. What is Print Screen?
Print Screen is a function on Windows operating systems that allows you to capture and save an image of what you see on your computer screen.
2. How do I take a screenshot on Windows 10 using Print Screen?
To take a screenshot on Windows 10 using Print Screen, press the “PrtScn” or “Print Screen” button on your keyboard.
3. Where does the screenshot get saved after I take it?
The screenshot is saved to your clipboard, which you can then paste into an image editing program like Paint or Word to save as an image file.
4. Can I use Print Screen to capture a specific window?
Yes, you can use the “Alt + PrtScn” keys to capture a screenshot of the current active window instead of the entire screen.
5. How can I take a screenshot of a specific area on my screen?
You can use the “Windows + Shift + S” keys to activate the “Snipping Tool” which allows you to select a specific area to capture as a screenshot.
6. Can I customize the keyboard shortcut for Print Screen?
Yes, you can customize the shortcut in the “Keyboard” settings under “Settings” > “Ease of Access” > “Keyboard” > “Print Screen shortcut”.
7. Can I use Print Screen on multiple monitors?
Yes, you can use Print Screen to capture images on multiple connected monitors.
8. How do I capture a screenshot in Windows 10 with the Snipping Tool?
To capture a screenshot with the Snipping Tool, open the tool and select the area you wish to capture. Once selected, you can save as an image file.
9. Is there a way to capture a screenshot using Command Prompt?
Yes, you can use the “Powershell” application in Command Prompt to capture a screenshot using the command “Get-Screenshot”.
10. Can I take a screenshot in Windows 10 with a third-party application?
Yes, there are many third-party applications available that you can use to capture screenshots. Some popular ones include Lightshot, Greenshot, and Snagit.
11. Does Print Screen work in Safe Mode?
No, Print Screen does not work in Safe Mode.
12. Can I take a screenshot on a tablet or mobile device running Windows 10?
Yes, you can take a screenshot on a Windows 10 tablet or mobile device by pressing the “Windows + Power” buttons at the same time.
13. How can I print my screenshot after I take it?
You can open the image file in an image editing program or in the “Photos” app built into Windows 10, and then select “Print” from the options.
How to Print Screen on Windows 10
Are you struggling to take a screenshot on your Windows 10 computer? Fear not, because we’re here to help. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps on how to print screen on Windows 10. It’s a simple process that can save you a lot of time and hassle if you need to capture an image of your screen for work or personal use.
Taking a screenshot on Windows 10 is a simple process that can be done in a matter of seconds. Whether you’re using a desktop or laptop PC, knowing how to print screen can be a valuable tool in your toolkit. With these step-by-step instructions, you should be able to easily capture any image or information you need from your computer screen.
Thank you for reading this article on how to print screen on Windows 10. We hope you found this guide helpful and informative. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. Until next time, happy screenshotting!