Split Screen on Windows: How to Do It?
Are you tired of switching back and forth between two windows when multitasking on your Windows computer? If so, then you might want to try split screen. Split screen is a handy feature that allows you to work on two different windows side by side on the same screen.
In this article, we will guide you on how to split screen on your Windows computer. We will provide you with 12 easy-to-follow steps on how to do it. So, let’s get started!
Langkah-Langkah: How to Split Screen on Windows
Step 1: Open the windows that you want to view in split screen
Firstly, you need to open the two windows that you want to view in split screen mode. You can either open them by clicking on their respective icons on the taskbar or by using the search bar.
Step 2: Click and Hold the Title Bar of the First Window
Once you have both the windows open, click and hold the title bar of the first window.
Step 3: Drag the First Window to the Left or Right Side of the Screen
While holding the title bar, drag the first window to the left or right side of the screen until the cursor reaches the edge of the screen. You will notice that the window will automatically resize to fill half of the screen.
Step 4: Release the Mouse Button
Once the window is in place, simply release the mouse button to drop the first window in place.
Step 5: Click and Drag the Second Window
To open the second window, click and hold its title bar and then drag it to the opposite side of the screen.
Step 6: Release the Mouse Button
Release the mouse button, and the second window will be automatically resized to cover the other half of the screen.
Step 7: Adjust the Windows if Needed
If you need to adjust the size of the windows, just click and hold the dividing line between them and drag it to the left or right.
Step 8: Snap a Window to the Corners
You can also snap a window to the corners of the screen. To do this, click on the title bar of a window and then drag it to the corner of the screen. Once you reach the corner, the window will snap into place, filling a quarter of the screen. You can repeat this step with the other window, allowing you to have up to four windows open at the same time.
Step 9: Use the Keyboard Shortcuts
If you are a fan of keyboard shortcuts, then you can use them to split screen on Windows. Press Windows Key + Left Arrow to snap the first window to the left side of the screen. Then, press Windows Key + Right Arrow to snap the second window to the right side of the screen.
Step 10: Close the Split Screen
To close split screen mode, you just need to drag one of the windows to the top of the screen until it disappears. The other window will then automatically resize to fill the entire screen.
Step 11: Use Task View for Multiple Desktops
If you need to work on multiple tasks at once, you can use Task View to create multiple desktops. This feature allows you to switch between different desktops, each with their own set of windows.
Step 12: Get More Productive
Split screen mode is a great productivity booster. You can use this feature to work on two windows at once, allowing you to complete your tasks faster and more efficiently.
There are several reasons why you might want to use split screen mode on Windows. For example, if you need to reference data from multiple sources, or if you need to compare two documents side-by-side, then split screen mode can be really useful.
It’s also easier to switch between two windows that are side-by-side rather than constantly minimizing and maximizing them. Additionally, split screen mode can be useful when you want to watch a video or play a game while doing something else, such as checking emails or browsing the web.
Split screen mode is available on all versions of Windows, including Windows 7, 8, and 10. It’s a simple feature that anyone can use, even if you are new to Windows.
Tips and Tricks: How to Make the Most Out of Split Screen
1. Customize the Size of Windows
You can adjust the size of the two windows by clicking and dragging the dividing line. You can also snap the windows to the corner to fill a quarter of the screen.
2. Use Keyboard Shortcuts
If you prefer using keyboard shortcuts, you can press Windows Key + Left Arrow to snap the first window to the left, and Windows Key + Right Arrow to snap the second window to the right.
3. Use Task View to Switch between Desktops
If you want to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, you can use Task View to create multiple desktops. This feature allows you to have several sets of windows open at once.
4. Make Use of the Scroll Bar
If you are having trouble reading a webpage, you can make use of the scroll bar. Simply hover your mouse over the scroll bar on the right side of the screen, and the scroll bar will become active.
5. Use Different Applications
You can use split screen mode to view two different applications at the same time. For example, you can use split screen mode to view a Microsoft Word document and a web page side-by-side.
6. Try Different Window Sizes
You can experiment with different window sizes to find the one that works best for you. This can be especially helpful when you need to work on two windows that have different aspect ratios.
7. Use Full Screen Mode for Videos
If you are watching a movie or video, you can easily switch to full screen mode by clicking the full screen icon in the bottom right corner of the video player.
8. Keep Your Desktop Organized
Split screen mode is a great way to keep your desktop organized. Instead of having several windows open at once, you can use split screen mode to work on two windows side-by-side.
9. Use Split Screen Mode for Gaming
If you want to play a game and keep an eye on your social media feed at the same time, you can use split screen mode to do that. Simply open the game in one window and your social media feeds in another.
10. Get a Bigger Monitor
If you find yourself constantly using split screen mode, you might want to consider getting a bigger monitor. A larger monitor can make it easier to view two windows side-by-side.
In conclusion, split screen mode is a great feature that can help increase your productivity and make multitasking easier. With just a few simple steps, you can start using this feature on your Windows computer today.
How to Split Screen on Windows: Advantages and Disadvantages
1. Increased productivity: Split screen allows you to work on multiple tasks at the same time, which can increase your productivity and save time.
2. Easy multitasking: With split screen, you don’t have to switch between different windows, which makes multitasking easier and faster.
3. Better organization: Split screen can help you keep your workspace organized by allowing you to view multiple windows at once.
4. Improved collaboration: Split screen is a great tool for collaborating with colleagues or friends, as you can share multiple windows on the same screen.
5. Enhanced entertainment: Split screen allows you to watch a video or play a game while working on another task, providing enhanced entertainment and enjoyment.
6. Increased efficiency: With split screen, you can perform multiple tasks simultaneously, making you more efficient and effective in your work.
7. Customizability: Most split screen tools are customizable, allowing you to set the screen size and position according to your preferences.
8. Reduced eye strain: Split screen reduces the need to switch between different windows, which can reduce eye strain and fatigue.
9. Improved focus: Split screen helps you focus on your tasks by keeping related windows on the same screen.
10. Saves time: Split screen is a time-saving tool that can help you finish your work faster and more efficiently.
1. Screen size limitations: Using split screen on a small screen can be challenging and may not be practical, as the windows can become too small to work with.
2. Decreased readability: Split screen can make it difficult to read text or view images, especially when the windows are too small.
3. Distractions: Split screen can be distracting, especially if you have notifications popping up on one of the windows or if you’re tempted to switch between them frequently.
4. Limited functionality: Some applications may not work well with split screen, which can limit their functionality and usability.
5. Reduced privacy: Split screen can compromise your privacy if you’re working on confidential or sensitive information and someone else can see it on the other screen.
6. Learning curve: It may take some time to get used to using split screen, which can be frustrating for some users.
7. Compatibility issues: Split screen may not be compatible with some older software or hardware, which can make it difficult to use.
8. Hardware requirements: Split screen may require higher hardware requirements, such as a faster processor or more RAM, which can be expensive to upgrade.
9. Glitches and bugs: Split screen tools may have glitches and bugs, which can cause the windows to freeze or crash.
10. Not suitable for all tasks: Split screen may not be suitable for all tasks, such as video editing or graphic design, where large screens are required.
1. How do I split my screen in Windows?
To split your screen in Windows, simply drag the window you want to split to one side of the screen. Then, select another window and drag it to the other side. The screen will be split into two separate windows.
2. What is the shortcut for split screen in Windows?
The shortcut for split screen in Windows is Windows key + left or right arrow.
3. Can I adjust the size of the split screen windows?
Yes, you can. Simply click and drag the middle bar that separates the two windows to adjust their size.
4. How do I exit split screen mode?
To exit split screen mode, simply click and drag each window away from each other. The split screen will be closed.
5. How many windows can I have on split screen at the same time?
You can have up to four windows on split screen at the same time.
6. Can I split screen on multiple monitors?
Yes, you can split screen on multiple monitors. Simply drag the window you want to split to the monitor you want it to appear on.
7. How do I switch between windows in split screen mode?
You can switch between windows in split screen mode by clicking on the window you want to use.
8. Can I split screen with different applications?
Yes, you can split screen with different applications. Simply select the application you want to split screen with and drag it to one side of the screen.
9. How do I split screen on Windows 10?
To split screen on Windows 10, click and drag the window you want to split to one side of the screen. Then, select another window and drag it to the other side.
10. Can I use split screen mode with touchscreen devices?
Yes, split screen mode can be used with touchscreen devices by swiping from the left edge of the screen and dragging the app you want to use to the right or left side of the screen.
11. How do I split screen on Windows 7?
To split screen on Windows 7, click and drag the window you want to split to one side of the screen. Then, select another window and drag it to the other side.
12. Is split screen mode available on all Windows versions?
No, split screen mode is not available on all Windows versions. It was first introduced in Windows 7 and is available on Windows 8 and 10 as well.
13. Can I customize the split screen feature on Windows?
Unfortunately, you cannot customize the split screen feature on Windows. It is a fixed feature and cannot be modified.
How to Split Screen on Windows
Split screen is a great feature that allows users to work on multiple applications at the same time on a single screen. It can improve productivity and save time by eliminating the need to switch back and forth between different applications. In Windows, split screen can be easily enabled, and this article will guide you through the process.
In conclusion, Split Screen is a great feature in Windows that can help you multitask and increase your productivity. We hope this article has helped you learn how to enable split screen on your Windows computer. Remember, this feature is simple to use, and once activated, you can enjoy using multiple applications on a single screen with ease. Happy multitasking!
Thank you for reading this article. We hope it has provided the necessary information for you to enable split screen on your Windows computer. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. Take care and goodbye!