Are you someone who loves multitasking and running multiple applications on your computer at once? If so, you will definitely appreciate the split screen feature on Windows 10. This feature allows you to use two different applications side by side on the same screen.
In this article, we will show you how to split your screen in Windows 10, step by step. By the end of this article, you will be a pro at multitasking on your PC.
Steps to Split Screen in Windows 10
Step 1: Open the Two Applications
Before you begin, make sure the two applications you want to use side by side are open and running. This could be anything from a web browser, a word processor, or a media player.
Step 2: Click and Hold on the Title Bar
Click and hold on the title bar of the first application you want to use in the split screen. The title bar is the topmost part of the application window that displays the name of the application.
Step 3: Drag to One Side of the Screen
While holding down the mouse button, drag the title bar to one side of the screen until a semi-transparent outline of the window appears. This outline indicates the position of the window when it is snapped into place.
Step 4: Release the Mouse Button
Release the mouse button when the application window is in the desired position on the screen.
Step 5: Click on the Second Application
Click on the second application you want to use in the split screen. This will make the application active.
Step 6: Click and Hold on the Title Bar
Click and hold on the title bar of the second application.
Step 7: Drag to the Other Side of the Screen
While holding down the mouse button, drag the title bar of the second application to the other side of the screen until it snaps into place.
Step 8: Release the Mouse Button
Release the mouse button when the application window is in the desired position on the screen.
Step 9: Adjust the Size of the Windows
Now that you have both applications open and side by side, you can adjust the size of each window by clicking and dragging the divider between them.
Step 10: Switch Between Applications
To switch between the two applications, click on the title bar of the application you want to use. This will make the application active and bring it to the foreground.
Step 11: Close One Application
To close one of the applications in the split screen, simply click on the X in the top right corner of the application window.
Step 12: Exit Split Screen
To exit split screen mode, drag the divider between the two windows all the way to the edge of the screen until the semi-transparent outline disappears.
Using these simple steps, you can easily split your screen in Windows 10 and multitask like a pro.
Tips and Tricks
1. Use Keyboard Shortcuts to Split Screen
If you don’t want to use the mouse to split your screen, you can also use keyboard shortcuts. Press the Windows key + left or right arrow key to snap the active window to the left or right side of the screen.
2. Use Snap Assist
Snap Assist is a feature that helps you choose which application to use in the other half of the split screen. If you have multiple applications open, simply click on the app you want to use in the other half of the screen, and it will automatically snap into place.
3. Customize Your Split Screen
You can customize your split screen by adjusting the size of each window or by using a third-party application to split your screen into more than two sections.
4. Use Virtual Desktops
Virtual desktops allow you to create multiple desktops and switch between them quickly and easily. This can help you organize your applications and increase your productivity.
5. Use Snap Assist with Virtual Desktops
When using virtual desktops, Snap Assist can help you choose which application to use in the other half of the screen, even if it’s on a different desktop.
6. Use Snap Fill
Snap Fill is a feature that automatically fills in forms with your information. This can save you time and make it easier to fill out forms.
7. Resize Windows Quickly
To quickly resize a window to fit half of the screen, drag the window to the edge of the screen until the cursor changes to a double-sided arrow. Then, click and the window will snap into place.
8. Use Third-Party Apps
There are many third-party applications available that can help you split your screen into more than two sections or customize your split screen further.
9. Use Multiple Monitors
If you have multiple monitors, you can use each monitor as its own split screen. This can help further increase your productivity and multitasking ability.
10. Practice Makes Perfect
The more you use split screen, the more you’ll get used to it and find new ways to make it work for you. So don’t be afraid to experiment and try new things.
By using these tips and tricks, you can take your multitasking game to the next level with split screen in Windows 10.
How to Split Screen Windows 10: Advantages and Disadvantages
1. Improved Multitasking: With split screen, you can work on multiple applications simultaneously, which can improve your productivity by reducing the time spent switching between different apps.
2. Better Collaboration: Split screen can also be useful in situations where collaboration is necessary. You can work on the same document or presentation with a colleague without the need to share your computer or take turns on it.
3. More Screen Space: Split screen allows you to make better use of your computer’s screen real estate by dividing the display into two or more sections. This can be helpful when you need to compare two different files or websites side by side.
4. Flexibility: Split screen is also highly customizable, and you can adjust the size of each window to suit your preferences and the task at hand.
5. Accessibility: Split screen is relatively easy to use and works with most applications, making it a convenient option for users of all skill levels.
6. Saves Time: If you are a power user or frequently run multiple applications simultaneously, split screen can save you a lot of time by allowing you to work more efficiently.
7. Speeds up Workflow: Split screen can streamline your workflow and help you complete tasks more quickly, especially when working on similar tasks simultaneously.
8. Better Organization: With split screen, you can keep your work organized and reduce clutter on your desktop.
9. Better Visibility: Using split screen can improve your visibility and make it easier to read multiple documents side-by-side.
10. Facilitates Learning: If you’re learning a new software or application, using split screen can make it easier to follow tutorials and other instructional content.
1. Reduced Screen Size: Split screen divides your computer’s screen into two or more sections, which can reduce the amount of screen space that’s available for each application.
2. Distraction: Having multiple applications open simultaneously can be distracting, especially if you’re not used to multitasking.
3. Compatibility Issues: Some applications are not compatible with split screen, which can limit its usefulness in certain situations.
4. Performance: Running multiple applications simultaneously can slow down your computer’s performance, especially if you’re using older or less powerful hardware.
5. Complexity: Split screen can be confusing for some users, especially those who are not familiar with the technology or have limited experience with computers.
6. Limited Flexibility: Split screen is not always flexible enough to accommodate all types of applications and workflows, which can make it less suitable for some users.
7. Older Software: Split screen may not work with older versions of applications, which can limit its usefulness for some users.
8. Limited Accessibility: Split screen may not be accessible to all users, especially those with visual impairments or disabilities that make it difficult to use multiple applications simultaneously.
9. Decreased Productivity: Split screen can be counterproductive if it causes you to spend more time managing your applications than actually doing work.
10. Not Suitable for All Tasks: Split screen may not be the best option for certain tasks, such as video editing or graphic design, that require a full-screen view.
1. What is split screen in Windows 10?
Split screen is a feature in Windows 10 that allows you to view two apps side-by-side on the same screen, making it easier to multitask.
2. How do I split screen in Windows 10?
To split screen in Windows 10, drag an app to one side of the screen until it snaps into place. Select another app to open and drag it to the other side of the screen. Windows 10 will automatically resize both apps to fit on the screen.
3. Can I customize the size of the split screen?
Yes, you can customize the size of the split screen by hovering your mouse over the dividing line between the two apps. A slider will appear that allows you to adjust the size of each app.
4. How do I switch between apps in split screen?
To switch between apps in split screen, click on the app you want to use. Windows 10 will bring that app to the forefront while the other app remains visible in the background.
5. Can I have more than two apps in split screen?
No, you can only have two apps in split screen at a time in Windows 10.
6. Can I split screen with different windows from the same app?
Yes, you can split screen with different windows from the same app by opening the first window and splitting the screen, then opening another window of the same app and dragging it to the opposite side of the screen.
7. How do I exit split screen?
To exit split screen, drag the dividing line all the way to the edge of the screen, or click on the full-screen button on either app to make it full screen and exit split screen mode.
8. Can I split screen with different resolutions?
Yes, you can split screen with different resolutions in Windows 10. However, keep in mind that the size of the apps may be different depending on their resolution.
9. Can I split screen with different orientations?
No, you cannot split screen with different orientations in Windows 10. Both apps must have the same orientation.
10. How do I split screen with apps that are not open?
To split screen with apps that are not open, open the first app you want to use and drag it to one side of the screen until it snaps into place. Then, open the start menu or taskbar and select another app to open and drag it to the other side of the screen.
11. Can I split screen with apps in different virtual desktops?
No, you cannot split screen with apps in different virtual desktops in Windows 10. Both apps must be in the same virtual desktop.
12. How do I split screen with apps in tablet mode?
To split screen with apps in tablet mode, open one app and swipe from the left side of the screen to open the task view. Select another app and drag it to the right side of the screen until it snaps into place.
13. Can I split screen with apps using keyboard shortcuts?
Yes, you can split screen with apps using keyboard shortcuts. Press Windows key + left arrow to snap the current app to the left side of the screen, and press Windows key + right arrow to snap the current app to the right side of the screen.
How to Split Screen in Windows 10
Split screen is a very useful feature of Windows 10 that allows you to run two applications side by side on the same screen. This can help you to increase your productivity, especially if you need to work on multiple applications at the same time. In this article, we will show you how to split screen in Windows 10.
Split screen is a great feature of Windows 10 that can help you to increase your productivity. By following the steps outlined above, you can easily split your screen and run multiple applications side by side. Make sure to experiment with different configurations to find the setup that works best for you.
Thank you for reading this article on how to split screen in Windows 10. We hope that you have found the information useful and that you are now able to split your screen with ease. If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below. Until next time, happy computing!