Salam pembaca! Have you ever wondered how to uninstall apps on Windows 10? Well, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will guide you through the step-by-step process of uninstalling apps on Windows 10. Whether you’re looking to uninstall an app that’s taking up too much space or simply not using it anymore, we’ve got you covered. So, without further ado, let’s jump right in.
Step-by-Step Guide to Uninstalling Apps on Windows 10
Step 1: Open the Start menu
The first step is simple. Click on the Start menu, typically located in the bottom left corner of your screen.
Step 2: Locate the app you want to uninstall
Scroll through the list of apps until you locate the one you want to uninstall. Keep in mind that Windows 10 comes with some pre-installed apps that cannot be uninstalled.
Step 3: Right-click on the app icon
Once you’ve located the app, right-click on its icon. This will open a drop-down menu.
Step 4: Select “Uninstall” from the drop-down menu
From the drop-down menu, select “Uninstall.” This will open the uninstall wizard.
Step 5: Follow the uninstall wizard
The uninstall wizard will guide you through the rest of the process. Follow the prompts until the app is completely uninstalled.
Step 6: Repeat steps 2-5 for each app you want to uninstall
If you have multiple apps you want to uninstall, repeat steps 2-5 for each one.
Step 7: Use the Settings app to uninstall apps
If an app doesn’t have an uninstall option when you right-click on it, you can still uninstall it through the Settings app. Open the Settings app, select “Apps,” find the app you want to uninstall, and click “Uninstall.”
Step 8: Use a third-party uninstaller
If you’re still having trouble uninstalling an app, you can try using a third-party uninstaller. These programs are designed to completely remove all traces of an app from your computer.
Step 9: Manually delete leftover files
After uninstalling an app, it’s a good idea to manually delete any leftover files that may be taking up space on your computer. You can do this by searching for the app’s name in the File Explorer and deleting any leftover files.
Step 10: Clear your registry
Uninstalling apps can sometimes leave behind registry entries that can slow down your computer. To clear your registry, you can use a registry cleaner.
Step 11: Keep your computer clean
To prevent apps from taking up too much space on your computer in the first place, it’s important to keep your computer clean. Regularly delete files you no longer need and uninstall apps you no longer use.
Step 12: Restart your computer
After uninstalling an app, it’s always a good idea to restart your computer. This ensures that any changes made during the uninstall process are properly implemented.
Additional Tips and Tricks
1. Create a restore point before uninstalling apps
Creating a restore point before uninstalling apps can save you a lot of trouble in case something goes wrong.
2. Be careful when uninstalling system apps
System apps are essential to the functioning of your computer. Be careful when uninstalling them, as it can cause your computer to malfunction.
3. Use the Windows Store to reinstall apps
If you accidentally uninstall an app you still use, you can use the Windows Store to reinstall it.
4. Keep your computer up to date
Regularly updating your computer can prevent issues with apps and ensure that your computer is running at its best.
5. Use a disk cleanup tool
A disk cleanup tool can help you free up space on your computer by deleting unnecessary files and temporary files.
6. Read reviews before installing apps
Reading reviews before installing apps can give you an idea of whether or not it’s worth installing.
7. Uninstall toolbars and browser extensions
Toolbars and browser extensions can slow down your computer and take up space. Uninstall any you’re not using.
8. Use an antivirus program
An antivirus program can keep your computer safe from viruses and malware that may be hiding in apps.
9. Use a password manager
A password manager can help keep your login information secure, preventing unauthorized access to your accounts if an app is compromised.
10. Don’t install apps from unknown sources
Only install apps from trusted sources, as apps from unknown sources can pose a security risk.
And that’s it! By following these steps and tips, you should be able to easily uninstall any app on your Windows 10 computer.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Uninstalling Apps on Windows 10
1. Improved performance: Uninstalling unused and unnecessary apps can free up space and boost the overall performance of your Windows 10 system.
2. Increased security: Uninstalling apps that are no longer in use can help protect your computer from vulnerabilities and security threats.
3. Better organization: Removing apps that you no longer need can help declutter your desktop and make it easier to find important programs.
4. More free storage space: Uninstalling apps can free up valuable storage space on your hard drive, giving you more room for important files and documents.
5. Fewer distractions: By removing apps that you don’t need, you can reduce the number of distracting notifications, pop-ups, and other interruptions.
6. Reduced software conflicts: If you are experiencing software conflicts or compatibility issues, uninstalling unused apps may solve the problem.
7. Improved battery life: If you’re using a laptop or tablet, uninstalling apps can help conserve battery life and extend the time between charges.
8. Lower risk of errors: Uninstalling apps that are no longer needed can reduce the risk of errors, crashes, and other system problems.
9. Better control over your system: Removing unnecessary apps can give you greater control over your Windows 10 system, allowing you to customize it to your specific needs.
10. Faster start-up times: Eliminating unnecessary apps from your start-up routine can help speed up your computer’s boot time and get you to your desktop more quickly.
1. Lost functionality: Uninstalling apps can mean losing access to certain features or functionality that you may have come to rely on.
2. Incompatibility with other software: Removing apps can lead to compatibility issues with other software programs that rely on those apps to function properly.
3. Limited technical support: Once you’ve uninstalled an app, you may lose the ability to receive technical support or updates for that app.
4. Difficult to undo: If you decide that you want to reinstall an app that you’ve uninstalled, it may be difficult or impossible to undo the changes that you’ve made to your system.
5. Potential data loss: Uninstalling apps can sometimes result in the loss of important data or files related to those apps.
6. Risk of accidentally removing needed apps: Without careful consideration, you may accidentally remove an app that is actually essential to your system or workflow.
7. Time-consuming: Uninstalling multiple apps can be a time-consuming process, and may require a significant investment of time and effort.
8. Impact on other users: If you are sharing your computer with others, uninstalling apps may affect their ability to use certain programs or features.
9. Limited customization: Removing pre-installed apps that are no longer needed may limit your options for customizing your system or device.
10. Risk of damaging your system: If you accidentally remove system-critical apps or files, you may cause irreparable damage to your Windows 10 system.
1. What is the easiest way to uninstall apps on Windows 10?
The easiest way to uninstall apps on Windows 10 is to go to the Start menu, locate the app that you want to uninstall, right-click on it and select “Uninstall” from the context menu. This will launch the uninstaller and guide you through the process of uninstalling the app.
2. Can I uninstall system apps on Windows 10?
No, you cannot uninstall system apps on Windows 10. System apps are essential to the functioning of the operating system and cannot be removed.
3. How do I uninstall multiple apps at once on Windows 10?
To uninstall multiple apps at once on Windows 10, you can use the “Programs and Features” option in the Control Panel. Select the apps you want to uninstall and click “Uninstall” to remove them all at once.
4. Can I reinstall an app after uninstalling it on Windows 10?
Yes, you can reinstall an app after uninstalling it on Windows 10. Simply go to the Microsoft Store or the app’s website and download and install the app again.
5. What happens to app data when I uninstall an app on Windows 10?
When you uninstall an app on Windows 10, all the data associated with the app, including user preferences and settings, is deleted. If you want to keep this data, you should backup the app’s data before uninstalling it.
6. How do I uninstall pre-installed apps on Windows 10?
You cannot uninstall pre-installed apps on Windows 10, but you can disable them. To do this, go to the Start menu and right-click on the app you want to disable, then select “Unpin from Start” or “Uninstall”.
7. Why isn’t the app I want to uninstall showing up in the Start menu?
If the app you want to uninstall isn’t showing up in the Start menu, it might be that the app wasn’t installed from the Microsoft Store, or it may have already been uninstalled. You can try searching for the app in the Control Panel’s “Programs and Features” section.
8. Can I uninstall apps using Command Prompt on Windows 10?
Yes, you can uninstall apps using Command Prompt on Windows 10. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and type “wmic” followed by “product get name” to see a list of installed apps. Then, type “product where name='[app name]’ call uninstall” to uninstall the app. Replace “[app name]” with the name of the app you want to uninstall.
9. Can I reinstall apps from the Microsoft Store after uninstalling them?
Yes, you can reinstall apps from the Microsoft Store after uninstalling them. Simply go to the Microsoft Store, search for the app, and download and install it again.
10. How do I uninstall apps that I no longer use on Windows 10?
To uninstall apps that you no longer use on Windows 10, go to the Start menu, locate the app that you want to uninstall, right-click on it and select “Uninstall” from the context menu. Follow the prompts to complete the process.
11. How do I free up space by uninstalling apps on Windows 10?
To free up space by uninstalling apps on Windows 10, go to the Start menu, locate the app that you want to uninstall, right-click on it and select “Uninstall” from the context menu. This will free up the space that the app was using.
12. Do I need to restart my computer after uninstalling an app on Windows 10?
No, you do not need to restart your computer after uninstalling an app on Windows 10.
13. Can I recover an accidentally uninstalled app on Windows 10?
If an app was uninstalled by mistake on Windows 10, you can recover it by going to the Microsoft Store or the app’s website and downloading and installing it again.
In conclusion, uninstalling apps on Windows 10 is a simple process that can be done in a few clicks. There are different methods that can be used to uninstall apps on Windows 10; you can use the Settings App, Control Panel, or third-party uninstaller software. Regardless of the method you choose, it is important to ensure that you are uninstalling apps that you no longer need or use to free up space on your device and improve its performance.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article on how to uninstall apps on Windows 10. We hope that you found the information provided helpful and informative. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. Happy uninstalling!